Good To Know:
- CCW operates on a fiscal and reporting year of November 1 to October 31 annually
- Activity Reports for Ag in the Classroom and Beef Promotion are best to keep updated at least monthly.
- Continue and update your unit membership reports to have them ready to send to the state when due.
- Registering directly with California Cattlewomen, Inc. directly is requested for all meetings, even when registered with CCA for joint meetings with this link: CCW Meeting Registration and Attendance
- January 1st – Submit all updated memberships lists to the CCW membership chairman – must be in the format found on the Members Only page
- January 5th – Final submission of articles for the CCW newsletter – email to 2nd VP of Media
- January 10th – CCW Committee Chairmen need to review all forms for membership located on the CCW website. Contact ccwadmin with google form adjustments
- Register for ANCW Convention
- Begin planning for ANCW Region VI meeting participation and attendance
- Begin your local Beef Ambassador Contests
- World Ag Expo – International Agri-Center in Tulare CA (virtual in 2021) Volunteers from across the state are welcome and needed
- February 15 – Submit Spring Meeting Agenda Item requests to the CCW President
- Register for Spring Meeting
- Submit President, Delegate and Proxy forms for Spring Meeting – See Members Only Page for form
- Continue your local Beef Ambassador Contests
- Submit your the names of your contestants for California State Beef Ambassador Contest to 2nd VP of Promotion and mail entry form and fees to current Chairman. See Members Only Page for current year rules and dates.
- Spring Meeting – Dates Vary, see updates in newsletter or email communications
- March 5th – Applications for State Beef Ambassador Contest and entry fees due to Beef Ambassador Contest Chairman – Late entries will not be accepted. Please email the names of your contestants to the 2nd VP of Promotion
- Ag Day at the Capital – Volunteers will be needed (2021 not scheduled due to Covid)
- Planning for State FFA Convention attendance and promotion
- Late March – Possible date California State Beef Ambassador Contest – Date to be determined by Easter/Spring Breaks Please watch your email for information on current year contest dates.
- Early April – Possible date California State Beef Ambassador Contest – Date to be determined by Easter /Spring Breaks. Please watch your email for more information.
- April 1 – Submit all updated memberships lists to the CCW membership chairman – must be in the format found on the Members Only page
- April 1 – Applications for CCW Memorial Scholarship are due to CCW Scholarship Chairman/Committee See Members Only page for details.
- April 5 – Newsletter articles and reports submitted to CCW 2nd VP of Media
- Registration for Mid-Year CCA/CCW Meeting – for dates and location and registration forms refer to the CCA website
- May 15 – Submit Midyear Meeting Agenda Item requests to the CCW President
- May 15 – Submit President, Delegate and Proxy forms for Midyear Meeting – See Members Only Page for form
- Bishop Mule Days Outreach – dates determined by event date
- CCA/CCW Mid Year Meeting – for dates and location refer to the CCA website
- Submit names and contact information for California State nominees for ANCW recognition to the CCW President – The categories are:
- Outstanding Cattlewoman of the Year
- Outstanding Educator of the Year
- Outstanding Promoter of the Year
- Register for ANCW Summer Conference – refer to ANCW Website for details
- ANCW Summer Conference – refer to ANCW Website for details
- August 1 – Submit all updated memberships lists to the CCW membership chairman – must be in the format found on the Members Only page
- CCW County Units Insurance due to the CCW Treasurer – you will be billed in advance
- Sept 1 – Unit Cowbelle of the Year intention to participate due to CCW 2nd VP of Promotion
- Sept. 5 – Newsletter articles and reports submitted to CCW 2nd VP of Media
- Sept. 15 – send your membership renewals to your current membership.
- Sept 20 – Unit Reports for the Annual Roundup due to 2nd VP of Media – specific directions are under Round-Up on the Members Only Page
- Submit articles and information to ccwmedia for inclusion in newsletters and social media
- Collect your annual local unit dues and membership renewals throughout the month – Dues owed to CCW per active unit member is $20.00 in 2022, and $25.00 in 2023.
- Walt Rodman entry due – See Members Only Page for additional details
- Oct 1 – Submit upcoming fiscal year new officers and committee chairs and contact information to CCW Secretary
- Oct 1 – Submit Unit Selection of the Cowbelle of the year with all appropriate documentation – See Members Only page for additional details.
- Oct 20 – Elanco Beef Promotion Scrapbook Entries Due – see Members Only Page for details
- Register for CCA/CCW Annual Convention – See the CCA website (calcattlemen.org) for details
- Oct 31 – Submit Convention Meeting Agenda Item requests to the CCW President
- Oct 31 – Last Day to submit Ag in the Classroom, Beef Promotion and All Star Reader Reports. Late submissions will not be accepted to be considered for awards.
- November 15 – Submit all final updated memberships lists to the CCW membership chairman – must be in the format found on the Members Only page
- November 15 – final date to postmark payment for CCW Membership dues to be mailed to the CCW Treasurer to maintain Unit in Good Standing Status. (State Dues dues owed will be $20 for every active member on the list submitted to CCW Membership in 2022, $25.00 in 2023.)
- November 15 – Submit President, Delegate and Proxy forms for Annual Convention Meeting – See Members Only Page for form
- Nov. 20th – last day to mail fund raising raffle ticket stubs (Powder River), collected funds, and any tickets not intended to be sold to fundraising chairman.
- Possible date for CCA/CCW Convention – See the CCA Website for dates and location
- Mystery Gifts – Prepare to bring a wrapped, $5 + gift to the Cowbelle of the Year Luncheon. Items are sold to luncheon attendees with proceeds going to the CCW general fund
- Door Prize Gift – Prepare to bring to the Cowbelle of the Year Luncheon from your unit valued at approximately $100 to be given away during the luncheon.
- Prepare your list of deceased members and past members to share during our remembrance portion of the Awards Breakfast.
- Possible CCA/CCW Convention dates – see the CCA Website for more information
- December 15 – County Unit Financial Reports are due for fiscal year ended October 31. Must be submitted with accounting fee and using forms on the Members Only page to the CCW Treasurer. Current rates will be communicated.