What can I do to Learn to be a Beef Ambassador?
California Beef Council has resources that can help local or state contestants learn more factual based advocacy information. You can find their resources in their Beef It’s What’s for Dinner Library
Additionally, Beef Ambassador contestants and advocates of any age will benefit from completing the Master’s in Beef Advocacy Certificate Program. You can sign up for this free self guided course directly with Masters of Beef Advocacy. Continuing education opportunities are also available through this program.
Annual Beef Ambassador Contest
A joint cooperation of California Cattlewomen and California Beef Council
Ambassadors have the job of sharing the good story of beef and ranching with fellow Californians.
Being a Beef Ambassador can help you be ready to share your passion for BEEF!
Would you or someone you know like to be an Ambassador? Download our application and rules to learn more and apply!
**NEW and UPDATED For 2023 Contest **
- California State Beef Ambassador rules
- State Beef Ambassador Senior Application
- State Beef Ambassador Junior Application
Understanding Scoring for the State Beef Ambassador Contest
There are 4 categories that State Beef Ambassador Contestants in which contestants are scored and evaluated. The scores from each category are used to compile the contestant’s overall score.
- Beef Education – Building and delivering a lesson plan
- Beef Issues Response – Answering questions about and educating on misconceptions about beef and beef production
- Media Interview – Having poise and composure when dealing with the media and answering their questions
- Social Media Posts – Sharing information on a public social media platform that is accurate and educational
2022 Senior Beef Ambassadors
- Ashley Jordan of Santa Clara County (Senior – 1st overall & 1st Central Region)
- Molly Fowler of Placer/Nevada Counties (Senior – 2nd overall & 1st Northern Region)
- Kassidy Zulliger of Shasta County (Senior – 2nd Northern Region)
- Nora Harris of Siskiyou County (Senior – Northern Region)
2022 Junior Beef Ambassadors
- Luke Steele of Shasta County (Junior – 1st Northern Region)
- Fallon McNeill of Kern County (Junior – 1st Southern Region)
- Samantha Prouty of Tehama County (Junior – 2nd Northern Region)
- Peyton Wood of Siskyou County (Junior – Northern Region)
- Hannah Stricklin of Shasta County (Junior – Northern Region)