- 1-pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1¼ inches thick
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak into 1¼ -inch pieces. In small bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Place beef in plastic bag; add ½ of marinade, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade.
Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread equal amounts of beef, pineapple and bell peppers onto each of four 12- inch skewers metal skewers.
Place kabobs on grid over medium coals. Grill 8 to 11 minutes for rare to medium doneness, turning and brushing with reserved marinade occasionally.