After the holidays are over, and the leftovers are gone, it is time to start the new year with the elegance of blue cheese and indulge in this simply prepared tenderloin steak. Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Blue Cheese Sauce will be welcome. Recipe is from the Healthy Beef Cookbook.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 clove garlic , halved
- 1 / 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Blue cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- 4 teaspoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- Dash ground white pepper
- Combine blue cheese sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside. Rub beef steaks with garlic.
- Place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 16 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning once. One to 2 minutes before steaks are done, top evenly with sauce. Or, to grill, place steaks over grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes for medium-rare to medium doness, turning occasionally. One minute before steaks are done, top evenly with sauce.
- Season with salt; sprinkle with parsley.
Pair sauteed wild mushrooms with this classic steak and prepare yourself for an umami flavor explosion. Umami, known as the fifth taste, is often described as meaty and savory and is derived from the Japanese word umai, which means “delicious”.
Makes 4 servings. Total preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes.